User Experience Designer at Opera Software Nigeria
At Opera Software, we develop superior products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Our products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
We strive to develop superior products and services for our users around the world, through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership and partnerships.
Opera Software is looking for a qualified candidate to join the growing Opera Payments engineering team for the position below:
Job Title: User Experience Designer
Job type: Full-Time
- The Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for various services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
- We are looking for a passionate and engaged UX Designer with experience in web and mobile application design to join our UX Team. The position is in Lagos, Nigeria and is part of the global Opera Payment Product Department.
- As part of the UX team, you will design and deliver a simple and easy-to-use payment experience both on the web and the Android app. As a UX Designer, you will collaborate with other members of our product, design, and engineering teams to translate concepts into a living, breathing product. You will follow up on the new functionality design and maintain the existing design documentations.
- If you’re looking for a fast-paced, agile, and fun environment to work and have an interest in the payment industry, then Opera is the place for you!
- Deliver innovative, user-friendly design on web and mobile, including interaction design specifications, interactive prototype.
- Maintain existing interaction design, including improving user experience and updating design specifications
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Work with product managers and design manager to develop design concepts
- Be able to take initiative, be creative and curious, be able to conduct design review meetings, and collect feedback with other teammates
- Communicate and collaborate with other cross-functional teammates
- Assist engineers with the final development of Opera products
- B.Sc. degree in Design or a related field, or demonstrated design knowledge in equivalent practical experience
- Fluency in the best practices for web-based and Android application information architecture and design, as well as a strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Skills in SketchApp or Adobe Creative Suite
- An understanding of user-centered design process, methodologies, and principles of usability
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Portfolio required for candidates
- Ideal Job Requirements
- Visual design and user research skills is a plus
- Motion design
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018
- Customer Service Officer at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Sales Manager at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Project Management Executive at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Sales Executive at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- General Manager, IS Governance & Compliance at MTN Nigeria
- Financial Planning Accountant at MTN Nigeria
- Planner - Material Resource at MTN Nigeria
- Financial Planning Manager (Financial Reporting) at MTN Nigeria
- Communications Manager, Sub Saharan Africa at MasterCard Nigeria