Transaction Manager at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transaction Manager
Division: Listings Business Division
Department: Branch Network Department
Report to: Head, Branch Network
Grade: Officer - Assistant Manager
Estimated Date Of Resumption: Saturday, September 1, 2018
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange (“The Exchange”) services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Transactions Manager has the responsibility of proactively prospecting and managing the core business of The Exchange i.e. securities trading especially large ticket transactions.
- The incumbent will work with other Departments within The Exchange to ensure a reliable order flow.
- The Transactions Manager role is a branch office role and will report to the Branch Manager.
- Collaborate with Secondary Market Department to drive the initiative of The Exchange to increase its product offerings (asset classes)
- Work to ensure an increase in order flow in the 5 asset classes
- Focused marketing on an on-going and proactive basis with respect to big ticket transactions
- Collaborate with other institutions and stakeholders such Central Securities Clearing Systems (CSCS) and Registrars to identify large investors that can be targeted for marketing either on the sell or buy side
- Collaborate with other Departments especially Secondary Markets in ensuring there is liquidity in all asset classes in the market
- Report on any identified market problems, quantifies it to make sure it does not affect the liquidity and stability of the market
- Ensure branch system compatibility with market structure enhancements in support of all product line
- Participate in investor education in partnership with other stakeholders on exchanged based products
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to him from time to time.
- To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have: Minimum of HND/ Bachelor degree in Social Science disciplines, preferably in Economics, Finance, Management Sciences
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience in similar roles i.e. relationship manager, branch operations manager, Marketing manager
- Proven track record of strong performance against measurable deliverables.
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Research
- Conflict Management
- Behavioural Competencies:
- Change Management
- Decision Making
20th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click the "Apply Now" button below
- Client Experience Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Branch Admin Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Quotation & Listing Specialist at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Transaction Manager at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Head, Trading Business at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
- Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Coverage Head, Private Banking (Abuja) at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Relationship Manager, Private Banking at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Branch Manager at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Commercial Bank - Workforce Group