Technical Assistant - Shelter / Building at Mediatrix Development Foundation
Mediatrix Development Foundation was established in 2014 as a non profit organization with the mandate to provide social support for vulnerable children, youths, women and the elderly in Cross River state, Nigeria, and to advocate for their rights and wellbeing by wife of the Governor Cross River State, Dr Linda Ayade. Ultimately, the foundation supports public delivered services in its five thematic areas (Health, Sustainable livelihood, Education and volunteering, Justice and Rights and cross cutting issues) by building and leveraging partnerships with political Agencies, government organizations and other non-profit organizations and implementing high impact and cost-effective interventions to improve population outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Assistant - Shelter / Building
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
Travel: Some travelling must be expected.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Adhere to Mediatrix policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Support in the implementation of shelter construction
- Distribution of beneficiary handover certificate and other shelter related documents to beneficiaries
- Pre-evaluation of habitability training needs of the community and support with modules for appropriate training materials (training modules and ToR)
- Support the community base support workers in the implementation of shelter activities and provide report to the shelter officer.
- Conduct community sensitization, awareness and mobilization to encourage beneficiary commitment to shelter activities
- Assist in encouraging the participation of female community based workers in the construction / rehabilitation of community infrastructures and other shelter activities.
- Assist in the formation of beneficiary selection committee and village committee
- Assist in Routine monitoring of project activities and report feedback from the community and stakeholders to shelter officer
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with local authorities, communities and stakeholders in Mediatrix area of intervention
- Performs any other duties as requested by the shelter Program Development Manager or Shelter Officer
- At least 1 year experience in similar positions
- University Degree in Social Science or its equivalent
- Knowledge of the context in Ogoja LGA.
- Experience on implementation of emergency shelter activities
- Experience in household sensitization and training in shelter and infrastructure maintenance
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge of the context in Cross River State
- Knowledge in Community Mobilization or related field.
- Knowledge of the Local languages is an advantage.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- All employees of Mediatrix Development Foundation should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in one document in word or pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com
- Kindly indicate position and location applied for as the subject of your mail. E.g.: "Shelter Technical Assistant – Ogoja".
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- We do not offer transport nor accommodation reimbursement for applicants coming from distant locations.
- Successful candidates are required to resume immediately.
- MDF is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive. Consequently, females are strongly advice to apply.
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)