Senior Frontend Engineer at Andela Nigeria
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Frontend Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- In this role, you will primarily work as a Senior Frontend Engineer within the Technology department building world-class learning technology to support the skill development of Andela developers at scale.
- As the Senior Frontend Engineer, you will take on complex tasks and complete them despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary.
- You will require little oversight beyond high-level direction; you can take a complex user story, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete their sub-tasks with relative ease.
- You will show initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list; you are able to identify and suggest areas of future work for yourself or your team.
- You will drive product velocity and deliver products with confidence. You will take pride in building products that are key to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Stakeholders to understand the business requirements
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to deliver complex software solutions that meet those needs
- Own the full lifecycle of features from design, to implementation to deployment and maintenance
- Promote and nurture good team practices such as TDD, code reviews, and pair programming
- Seek empirical evidence through proof of concepts, tests and external research
- Mentor junior developers
- Provide technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact other teams
- Identify gaps, bottlenecks, and areas of frontend architectural debt, and capable of redesigning the system to address those issues
- Participate extensively in design and code review sessions across teams
- Set direction at the project level and consistently influences decision-making at the pillar level
- Identify and proactively tackle technical debt
- 4-8 years of software/frontend development experience
- Strong understanding of computer science principles, system design, and architecture
- Experience working in an agile environment (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- Experience developing SaaS products
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and pair programming
- Experience building front-end, specifically Angular
- Proficient in the following technologies:
- Solid written and verbal communication
- Experience working remotely as an effective team member
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing ed-tech or learning technology products
- Frontend experience with React
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Application Closing Date
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)