Regulatory Affairs Advisor (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regulatory Affairs Advisor (Supervisory)
- Provide advisory service with regards to regulatory requirements, ensure compliance with all regulatory statutes and laws, with a view to ensuring long-term viability of the business
- Research and update MTNN on developments; bills, new policies, within the legislative/ regulatory arena; and follow up with regulatory authorities on submissions and other regulatory issues.
- Track and monitor compliance with all regulatory authority (NCC) obligations within the business.
- Prepare correspondence and position papers on environmental issues.
- Provide legal and regulatory opinion on all issues that impact on MTN from a regulatory perspective, including new legislatures, government policies, etc.
- Conduct regulatory services to MTNN; ensure the appropriate licensing, marketing and legal compliance to projects.
- Make presentations to regulatory authorities, so as to profile MTNN and also ensure that the business complies with regulations.
- Support management and advice MTN N on interconnects agreements/relationship, license conditions and compliance with regulations and legislation.
- Ensure customer queries are handled appropriately and in compliance to the MTNN regulatory framework.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the regulatory agencies and other stakeholders in the telecommunications industry.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
- First Degree in Law
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- 4 years working experience in a legal/regulatory/compliance capacity, preferably within the telecommunications industry
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the Nigerian telecoms industry legal/regulatory framework, ICT policies, laws and regulations applicable in Nigeria
- Awareness of global and domestic ICT/Telecoms Industry Trends
- High level of proficiency in research, analysis and written communications; along with strong presentation and people skills
- Experience working in a medium organization
- On the job training and exposure
- Industry conferences
LLB or LLM
Application Closing Date15th August, 2018.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018
- Customer Service Officer at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Sales Manager at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Project Management Executive at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Sales Executive at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- General Manager, IS Governance & Compliance at MTN Nigeria
- Financial Planning Accountant at MTN Nigeria
- Planner - Material Resource at MTN Nigeria
- Financial Planning Manager (Financial Reporting) at MTN Nigeria
- Communications Manager, Sub Saharan Africa at MasterCard Nigeria