Programme Manager - Stamping out Slavery at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager - Stamping out Slavery
Project Overview and Role
- Stamping out Slavery in Nigeria (SoSiN) is a 4-year DFID Nigeria programme which aims to change or reduce the behaviours, attitudes, and social norms in Edo State that drive or enable human trafficking.
- The project seeks to achieve the impact that more effective Government and non-Government institutions reduce the drivers and enablers of unsafe migration and trafficking through three components:
- Strengthened Edo State Government response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: more effective and innovative use of resources – human, financial, physical, political and network assets – supports a ‘whole of government’ approach to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking through social and attitudinal change;
- Improved coordination, innovation and quality of NGO response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: better coordinated and more effective civil society tackling the drivers and enablers of human trafficking;
- A stronger evidence base for action in anti-slavery prevention, with learning platforms operating and informing policy and interventions: the use of evidence and sharing of best practices becomes embedded in ways of working, to deliver improved performance not only in Nigeria, but globally.
The Programme Manager’s primary responsibilities will include leadership of Component 2, Innovation & Grants Facility (IGF), as well as the management CSO engagement and support MEL manger in coordination of research and learning . This will include:
- Leading and coordinating IGF competition, design and execution, award partner relationship management, compliance and reporting, and coordination of service delivery.
- Working closely with the Finance & Operations and MEL Managers, as well as partner organizations, to:
- Oversee the IGF local grant officers monitoring grantees who will deliver activities and research services
- Build the capacity of local NGOs and CSOs that are recipients of SOSiN grants and funding. He/she will also play an integral role in codifying SOSIN best practices for innovation from grants and challenge fund awards to partners delivering preventative human trafficking intervention. Core Responsibilities will include:
Design & Implementation of IGF
Design the Innovation & Grants Facility framework:
- Manage the end to end grants process for the IGF which will be designed to distribute funds to CSO’s working directly with victims and potential victims of trafficking.
- Develop the IGF implementation phase workplan, with support from key staff.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of IGF competitive and non-competitive grants to CSOs/NGOs
- Design and execute a transparent competition for selection of fund recipients, drawing on best practise of challenge/grant fund awards and integrating lessons learned.
- Work closely with the MEL manager to support coordination of research and outcomes to inform strategy for IGF funding windows and SOSIN learning and evidence platforms .
Implementation of IGF:
- Review grants applications,
- Coordinate and follow up on action points to track, monitor and report progress with the MEL and Safeguarding & GESI Managers
- Oversee the issue of grant award and agreements with support from grant officers.
- Contribute to a CSO capability and mapping assessment to be undertaken in the inception phase and support Team leader to establish bootcamps that will help incubate ideas, shortlist potential recipient and further build capacity to deliver.
- Identify opportunities to highlight specific grantee accomplishments and support the Communications and MEL Managers to produce compelling content which includes innovations, best practice and lessons that can be disseminated including through SOSIN learning platforms. – supporting to build the evidence of what works to tackle drivers and enablers of TiP
- Analyse and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with DFID regulations, recommending award actions for grant award;
- Analyse and evaluate activity applications, proposals, and agreement/award documents to ensure consistency with program goals and objectives;
- Coordinate closely with the Team Leader, MEL manger and other core team members to ensure grants/funding fits within the overall programme goals and objectives;
Monitoring, Reporting and Due Diligence:
- Work with the MEL manager to design an IGF results framework that feeds into broader SOSIN theory of change and results framework /logframe.
- Develop, implement, and manage strategies for measuring and tracking programme outcomes and impacts against goals and grant requirements to contribute to the development of programme progress reports as required by the client.
- Together with Finance and Operations Manager ensure a process for robust due diligence of shortlisted applicants and ensure timely and accurate compliance and reporting as required by the client.
- Work with the Finance and Operations Manager to: (a) develop IGF financial and technical reports; (b) to establish KPIs for grant recipients; (c) make recommendation to the Team Leader and relevant stakeholders (e.g. selection and advisory board members) for further funding subject to technical and financial performance
- Target technical assistance to build MEL and financial management capabilities of grant and challenge fund recipients to improve their ability to track results and performance against periodic evaluations/reviews to be presented during programme review meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with IGF recipients and oversee grant officer to organize, conduct and document ongoing monitoring of grantee performance, capacity building that targets grantee needs, and financial monitoring to ensure proper and efficient use of donor funds;
- Work closely with the Safeguarding & GESI Manager to ensure all onboarded grantees pass due diligence requirements and are provided with capacity building trainings.
- Monitor ongoing operational and management risks relevant to the grants process.
- Work closely with the Safeguarding & GESI Manager to ensure safeguarding is embedded into award criteria.
- Support the Team Leader and wider team to establish an Edo action plan, initially through the convening of an Edo stakeholder conference. To increase impact and build a community of practice, encourage further collaboration between CSOs through convening other collaborative platforms.
- In consultation with the Team Leader, coordinate relevant stakeholders which include a selection committee and advisory panel that will govern the IGF and support the development of an effective governance structure for the facility.
- Provide direct technical support to potential local NGO/CSO partners and grantees
- Lead the development of capacity building framework and plan for CSOs /fund recipients including delivering training guidelines as required, supporting process of continuous improvement to strengthen CSO capacity and capability to take innovation to scale.
- Train, supervise and coach team and partners with regards to grants management.
- Provide information to grantees on reporting requirements and direct technical support to potential local NGO partners and grantees;
- Work closely with the Finance & Operations Manager to ensure continual improvement of the granting process.
- Assist short-listed applicants to refine their application working in coordination with technical team colleagues to develop a technically sound approach.
- Work closely with the Finance & Operations Manager to ensure accurate forecasting of activities ensuring responsibility for keeping forecast variance within client tolerance limits for component.
- Working with the Team Leader to effectively manage risks and ensure that they are reported monitored and mitigated for within delivery area.
- Work collaboratively with the entire implementation team and partners to ensure effective delivery to client requirements.
- Other duties as required by Team Leader.
The Programme Manager will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Managing and administering grants
- Extensive experience working on large donor-funded programs in a grants management role;
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFID rules and regulations and experience working across the following operational disciplines: budget management, project management, procurement, contracts, subcontracting, human resources and general operations and administrative management;
- Strong experience designing programme management systems and procedures for donor-funded programs;
- Experience managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Experience in proactively identifying and addressing issues that arise in field office finance, administration and operations, and reporting issues to Senior Management;
- Experience in providing training and mentoring/coaching;
- Excellent presentation, communication and analytical skills;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- MEL skills and experience working with results frameworks and supporting monitoring reporting is desirable; and
- Ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2019.
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)