NPO - Surveillance at the World Health Organization (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: NPO - Surveillance
Ref Id: 1803289
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration: 12 months
Objectives of the Programme
- To establish AFP surveillance for monitoring wild poliovirus transmission
- To interrupt wild poliovirus transmission and achieve polio eradication in Nigeria
- To strengthen routine immunization and reduce morbidity and mortality from vaccine preventable diseases
- To achieve accelerated disease control through supplemental activities e.g. measles SIAs;To strengthen integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR).
- Establish a reporting network to strengthen AFP surveillance
- Provide technical support in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of supplemental immunization activities (e.g. polio, measles etc.) to improve quality
- Provide technical support in planning, implementation and monitoring of routine immunization activities to increase coverage
- Provide technical support in planning and monitoring of integrated disease surveillance and response activities.
- Essential: Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB, MD)
- Desirable: Postgraduate Degree in Public Health preferably in Epidemiology or other related public health fields
- Essential: Some years field experience in EPI activities after post graduate qualification in government or non-governmental organizations
- Desirable: Experience in an international organization
- The incumbent should have knowledge and skills in planning, supervision, monitoring and evaluation.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Driving the Organization's Position in Health Leadership
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of French.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 19,538,402 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
27th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click the "Apply Now" button
- NPO - Surveillance at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Data Manager Job Vacancy at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Surveillance Officer at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- TA Health Specialist (Immunization) at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Mercy Corps New Opportunity Available
- State Technical Director - IHP Task Order 5 at Palladium Group
- Knowledge Management Advisor at Palladium Group
- Senior Advisor, Health Finance at Palladium Group
- Health Finance Advisor at Palladium Group - FCT, Abia, Osun or Ebonyi
- Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor at Palladium Group