Mechanical Engineer (Maintenance) at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment, and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plant operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Maintenance)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Industry: Oil & Gas
- This position is responsible for the design, installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of static and rotary equipment/systems within the plant for optimum plant reliability.
- Formulate a plan, review and analyze preventive maintenance strategy for the rotary and static equipment in order to achieve the highest efficiency of the activities for reliable and safe operation.
- Lead preparation of O&M procedures and monitor operational and maintenance procedures and practices are adhered to to provide assurance.
- Developing maintenance strategies, spares, operating philosophy based on Risk & Reliability Management (RRM) principles like RCM and PM Library to improve system reliability and availability whilst optimizing OPEX and increasing asset life through continuous improvement drive.
- Monitor & provide input to Reliability KPIs like Mitigate Threat to availability (MTA), Deferments, RCA/Investigation & Bad actor action status & key leading and lagging indicator for Management Information Report (MIR) & Reliability forecasts.
- Promote Predictive maintenance (PdM) and condition-based maintenance (CBM) approaches through regular reviews.
- Provide specialist expertise for troubleshooting, alignment of equipment, diagnostics analysis and remedial actions for failures and breakdowns of rotating equipment and preferred rotating equipment operating philosophy, modes/regimes.
- The focal point for the Technical proactive monitoring (TPAM) of rotating equipment to predict early performance/condition drift and advise corrective actions requiring major overhaul/repair for compressors, pumps and gas engines.
- Provide input and justification for annual & long-term budget requirements for rotating machines. Monitor and control the budget for rotating equipment.
- Ensure robust management of change and plant maintenance deferments related to rotating machines to assure HSSE, Process safety & reliability-related risks associated with the change.
- Coordinate investigations and follow up action of major and equipment failures addressing technical, commercial and legal/insurance implications.
- Act as Technical Authority for Rotating equipment discipline for Plant change proposals by reviewing them, reject the ones that do not meet the criteria and process the other for approval through the system and keep track of the approval process.
- Support to the planning and management to forecast and prepare a budget for mechanical related activities i.e. maintenance, shutdown and project for consolidation into department yearly Work Program and Budget (WPB). Monitor budget utilization closely and provide justification for a variance.
- Support multi-disciplinary commissioning of static and rotary equipment including gas engines.
- Provide specialist technical support/operational expert input into new projects for design, selection, installation, commissioning FAT, SAT and evaluations of operability and maintainability of rotating equipment.
- Lead and participate in RCA (Root Cause Analysis) /Causal Learning discussion on failure investigations.
- Maintaining Equipment history for future retrieval and improvements.
- Application of engineering standards and codes for the installation.
- Compliance Audit and Assurance function by providing support to management in facilitating maintenance and integrity compliance audits. Lead/facilitate PM assurance review and Asset Register verification exercise, and Process effectiveness review.
- Support to populate inputs into Computerized Materials and Maintenance Management System (CMMMS) to ensure data and history of equipment maintenance activities are captured accurately. Provide inputs to maintenance planner with regards to mechanical maintenance activities for his consolidation into SAP PM Plan.
- Collaborate in the analysis of operating modes and the updating of operating norms and procedures.
- Identify research opportunities and recommend novel techniques to enhance the reliability, capacity and cost effectiveness of Equipment operations. Coordinate relevant research and development projects in the fields of reliability engineering, performance and condition monitoring, inspection and troubleshooting of rotating equipment.
- Conduct on-the-job training for new mechanical staff. Supervise and groom Junior Mechanical Engineers to develop their technical knowledge, skills and competencies in order to produce potential talent for future business needs.
- Participates in safety training, on job training, firefighting exercises and use of fire /safety equipment.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Line Manager.
- Bachelor's degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ working experience in Mechanical maintenance in oil and gas sector downstream or upstream.
- Proficient to the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e. API, BS, ISO, ASME, etc.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management System
- Strong communication skills with well-developed interpersonal and visible leadership capability;
- Working with culturally diverse work force and striving to develop a mutually healthy industrial relation
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)