Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 22,000 employees spread across more than 58countries and 5 continents united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM terminals, the world is your workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Workshop Electrician
Department: Terminal Operations/Engineering
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on electrical and electronic circuits, digital drive and control systems, programmable logic controllers and electrical component elements.
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown maintenance on equipment assigned to Maintenance Workshop for maintenance.
- Service, repair, deploy, remove and stow away equipment as required using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures.
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on ReachStackers, Empty Stackers, Trucks and other plant and equipment (when required) in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
We are looking for:
- A Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years experience as an Electrician in a container terminal engineering environment or in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries.
- Trade test certificate in Electrical engineering.
- Have experience in Automotive Air Conditioner.
- Basic Mechanical Knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge in Electrical components, maintenance and engineering.
- Age range of 25 to 35.
- Must hold a valid Driver's license with at least 5 years driving experience.
- Excellent visual acuity.
- Works well under pressure.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills.
An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
Application Closing Date
21st April, 2019.
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)