Internal Control Officer at Hazon Holdings
Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
- Complete audits which are risk based and factually accurate in an efficient and effective manner;Identify the area of auditing and prepare audit calendar for the Financial year;
- Implementation of audit schedule by visiting respective units and carrying out audit as per schedule;
- Perform timely follow up of issues to ensure agreed actions have been effectively implemented;Identify, recommend and support operational improvements in Internal Audit’s own processes and tools;
- Keep abreast of and share knowledge of business developments and initiatives;
- Compliance with statutory policies and rules;
- Review of company’s financial statements and analyze the lack of process;
- To ensure timely preparation of various reports;
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes and identify control weaknesses;
- Recommend commercially balanced, risk based solutions to identified issues
- Supervise auditing of establishments, and determine scope of investigation required
- Report to Head of Audit about system audit results, and recommend changes in operations and sales activities
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans
- Obtaining, analyzing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with Head of audit
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- A minimum of HND/B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance. (Good Knowledge of Accounting Software will be most preferable)
- Professional qualification in Accounting or Audit is required ACA, ACCA.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Auditing in a retail and distribution company, FMCG is preferred.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence
- A keen interest in the financial system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Preferred candidate should be between the age of 24 to 28 years
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)