Human Resource Officer at Mediatrix Development Foundation
Mediatrix Development Foundation was established in 2014 as a non profit organization with the mandate to provide social support for vulnerable children, youths, women and the elderly in Cross River state, Nigeria, and to advocate for their rights and wellbeing by wife of the Governor Cross River State, Dr Linda Ayade. Ultimately, the foundation supports public delivered services in its five thematic areas (Health, Sustainable livelihood, Education and volunteering, Justice and Rights and cross cutting issues) by building and leveraging partnerships with political Agencies, government organizations and other non-profit organizations and implementing high impact and cost-effective interventions to improve population outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Ogoja-Cross River State
Job Field: NGO/Non-profit, Administration, Secretarial
Duration of contract: 12 Months
Work Hour: Full Time
Open to: All interested candidate
Travel: Some travelling must be expected.
Scope of work
- We are looking for a skilled HR Officer who will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures.
- You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the organization a better place to work.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective on boarding plans
- Develop training and development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, staff book, visitor book, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Prepare and develop reports as required by management.
- Adhere to MDF policies, tools and handbook and guidelines as well as government rules and regulations.
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc / BA / HND / NCE in Business Administration, Social Studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in one document in word or pdf format to: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly indicate position and location applied for as the subject of your mail. E.g.: "Human Resource Officer–Ogoja".
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- We do not offer transport nor accommodation reimbursement for applicants coming from distant locations.
- Successful candidates are required to resume immediately.
- MDF is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive. Consequently, females are strongly advice to apply.
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)