Financial Analyst at the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) - We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Code: 4.2.02
The prime objectives of the Department are
- To provide pertinent and reliable information and analyses in support of decision-making and policy-making in Member Countries.
- To carry out, on a continuous basis, research programmes and studies on short-term petroleum market developments with the aim of issuing reports on a regular (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and bi-monthly) as well as ad hoc basis highlighting important issues for their use and consideration.
- To conduct regular forecasts, elaborate and analyze oil market scenarios and prepare and publish reports on these findings.
- To promote OPEC views and technical analysis on short-term oil market developments to the industry at large and general public via the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report (especially the feature article) as well as other reports, presentations and related pod casts.
- To prepare and contribute to reports to be submitted to the ECB, the BOG and the MMSC as well as papers for various OPEC publications.
Objective of Position
- To monitor and analyse the short-term impact of financial market developments, in particular commodity markets on petroleum markets as well as the performance of major oil companies, including national oil companies; and to carry out special studies on pertinent issues.
- Studies financial markets, in particular commodity markets as well as covering developments in currency, equity, bonds, interest rate markets.
- Analyses the impact of financial market developments on short-term developments in the petroleum market.
- Studies developments in world financial instruments, finance institutions and related issues.
- Carries out analyses of the short-term financial performance of major oil companies, including National Companies and evaluates the short-term impact on the oil industry.
- Consolidates findings of the above analyses and prepares and issues reports thereon.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Economics, Finance, and/or Business Administration
- Advanced degree preferred
- University degree: 8 years, preferably relating to the oil sector
- Advanced degree: 6 years
- Financial analysis including tools
- Oil project feasibility studies
- Joint venture project assessments
- Stock exchanges and oil paper markets (NYMEX, IPE, etc.)
- Economic/financial analysis concepts (NPV/Cash Flow)
- MS PowerPoint
- Internet access to all international oil markets as well as financial markets
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
- Language: English
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head, Petroleum Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation - NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click Here for More Information
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
- Integrated Services Solutions Support Engineer (SSA) at Baker Hughes - GE Nigeria
- IT Intern - NYSC at Baker Hughes - GE Nigeria
- Invoice to Cash Collector at GE Nigeria
- Shell Petroleum Development Company New Job Opportunities
- Utility Field Engineer at Dangote Refinery
- Shell SPDC JV LiveWIRE Programme 2018
- Utility Production Manager at Dangote Group
- Operations Utility Head at Dangote Group
- Utility Panel Officer at Dangote Group
- Materials Manager at Dangote Group - 2 Openings