Enterprise Network Engineer at Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enterprise Network Engineer
- Implement and optimize IP and Microwave network infrastructure or create links (point to point or point to multipoint) on Ethernet/Fiber, within existing guidelines and procedures, keeping in mind the business and/or project requirements.
- Implement and optimize Microwave Radio point-to-point and point-to-multipoint transport, within existing guidelines and procedures, keeping in mind the business, pre-sales and/or project requirements.
- Build, configure, optimize, and accept new network elements, conforming to designs and change management procedures, to implement and activate new services or capacity upgrades with a minimum of disruption of the availability of the service. E.g. radios, switches, Routers, AP, Extenders from vendors such as: Proxim, Radwin, Ubiquity, Cambium, Ligowave. Cisco, D-Link, Mikrotik, Netgear, Etc.
- Perform Radio Links Design and planning, using available Tools.
- Perform Radio links profiles and feasibility using available Tools. AGL means 'Above Ground Level' while AMSL means 'Above Mean Sea Level'.
- Use and update Customer Tools and Databases within existing guidelines and procedures, keeping in mind the business, pre-sales and/or project requirements.
- Prepare changes following the local change regime in the live network of the operators.
- Prepare IP and Microwave node configurations to support new services and operators, conforming to available templates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or equivalent experience) or combination of related education and experience.
- Good understanding of operator business drivers and technologies in the IP and MW network areas.
- Broad overview of IP technologies. Good acquaintance with TCP/IP protocols and networks
- Experience of IP and MW Planning and Design on Telecom/ISP based networks
- Basic knowledge of MPLS, IS-IS, MPBGP, OSPF, L3VPN, L2VPN; MVPN; VPLS, SNMP; VLAN; Ethernet Basic knowledge of QoS in IP networks
- Basic knowledge of routers/switches and IOS
- Working knowledge of any MW Tools
- IP Certifications on Juniper and/or Cisco is a plus.
- Working knowledge of any of the following Tools: CACTI, Radwin Manager, Proxim NMS, IPAM Tool, Cambium, PRTG is a plus
- Basic knowledge over cabling area (optical, electrical).
- At least 2 years relevant working experience.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)