Engineer, Customer Service (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through the compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Engineer, Customer Service (Supervisory)
Location: Cross River
- To deliver quality support services to all customers using MTN ENS voice, internet or leased line solutions.
- Integrate network communication architectures, topologies, hardware, and protocols into existing MTN network for Enterprise Solutions clients.
- Provide 2nd line Support at MDNS customer end on various TX media (Microwave, fiber, copper, Wimax), MUX (DXX), MDF, Cabinets, modem and CPE issues; including VSAT.
- Act as Regional point of contact for MTN Enterprise Solution Planning, Implementation, and support teams; providing accurate end to end analysis; working with MTN HQ support teams.
- Perform Implementation and support of FWA network integration of Customer Edge devices to the FWA Pre WIMAX and the imminent WIMAX network.
- Ensure MDNS work (Planning, Implementation, Operations) is carried out as scheduled and all faults are rectified promptly within contracted SLA; including VSAT.
- Prepare and compile operations reports on the MDNS network in light of the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Monitor and ensure implementation and maintenance work undertaken by MDNS/fixed network contractors meets MTN Nigeria’s specifications.
- Ensure all planned network expansions take place on schedule, Transmission, MDF work to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform high-level support functions on all MTN MDNS transmission equipment at MTN Sites, Switching Centers, RDLU’s and Customer premises.
- Administer accurate data within the current Engineering Database, i.e. accurate tracking of job orders placed with vendors and any changes thereof, co-ordination of the acceptance testing of all delivered links and related equipment: including Microwave, fiber, and copper.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of records and configuration database of all transmission links, fixed & data lines and spares for MDNS/leased line customers.
- Track and ensure all security and network integrity documentation is completed and adhered to.
- Maintain the client relationship/satisfaction by ensuring a prompt response to fault reports, maximum continuity of service and minimal downtime.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure results are delivered in line with contractual and commercial commitments to maximize business benefits
- Provide technical supervision of contractors working on ENS network infrastructure to ensure they comply with appropriate SORs, specifications, controls, and standard, deliver results of acceptable quality, protect enterprise network services (ENS) and MTN services and deliver value for money
- Organize and check the completeness and quality and sign off-site survey reports
- Plan, organize and lead the team in installation, configuration, testing, and acceptance of network and customer premises equipment in accordance with established designs, project plans, and performance targets
- Manage and prioritize the allocation of trouble tickets to meet performance targets
- Support team by liaising with NMC, transmission teams, and suppliers, etc to ensure prompt, accurate analysis and resolution of problems.
- Recognize, notify and escalate problems beyond team’s capabilities area of expertise and seek prompt help from specialists
- Analyze and report on network faults, root causes and performance
- Ensure service restoration, where practicable, before repair to comply with service availability targets.
- Ensure that team completes all relevant documentation, utilizing available ENS systems, to capture/update network and customer records, provide technical reports and details to support fault analysis and management reporting
- Provide support for operational planning, design engineers and product managers by allocating resource for tests and trials relating to network evolution plans and product & service development.
- Maintain the ENS Risk Register for the Region
- Support the analysis of fault reports and performance data to identify general problems and/or shortcomings in network, equipment and configurations; work with network specialists to identify causes and implement solutions to resolve issues and improve performance
- Ensure staff are properly informed and competent to carry out assigned tasks quickly safely by providing the necessary training, tools and testers, etc to carry out duties efficiently and effectively and aware of and comply with company values and policies
- Assess and report on staff performance, build on strengths and take action to progress areas where further development is required
- Liaise with Senior Manager, Unit Mangers, HQ/Regional team leads and all other regional staff as necessary to progress work.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- IT Certification
- 3-7 years' work experience which include:
- Experience in telecommunications networks and/or in a complex, technology based, trouble shooting customer service environment
- Experience or participation in the design of systems architecture and network systems
- Time Management
- Report Writing
- Microsoft Office Suite
- BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)