Electrical Commissioning Engineer at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment, and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plant operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Industry: Oil & Gas
- This position is responsible for design calculation report, coordinate site investigation /design, bill of quantity, material take-off (MTO), installation, commissioning and start-up of electrical equipment/systems at the customer site/filling station.
- Designing, programming, testing, installation and commissioning of electrical equipment like power distribution panels, transformer, motors, soft starter, relays, lighting, lightning arrestor and earthing.
- Prepare layout, P&ID, schematic drawing.
- Preparation of MTO and Load/Cable Schedule as well as all the equipment data sheets and specifications.
- Perform calculations such as Generator sizing, Cable sizing, UPS Battery Sizing, Lighting, Earthing, Short Circuit Analysis)
- Preparation of electrical commissioning work packages and procedures and dossiers.
- Reviews designs/technical documentation and supervise contractors and subcontractors
- Support of commissioning and start-up of an assigned scope of work including specific complex deliverables such as the development of a detailed commissioning and start-up plan and schedule.
- Assist in preparation of the project execution plans, cost estimates, subcontracts requirements, and risk management
- Developing detailed commissioning and start-up procedures for assigned electrical systems
- Provision of detailed technical analysis of electrical equipment in the plant.
- Supervise the Electrical Commissioning Team in meeting scheduled deadlines and ensuring the technical integrity of work carried out
- Assist Construction with inspection and Punch Lists of installation and vendor packages
- Acceptance of Mechanically complete sub-systems packages
- Manage the completion of walk-downs and Punch Lists of offered system/sub-systems
- Manage electrical vendor support during the commissioning phase for the assigned systems
- Updating and forwarding the Punch List per system to the CMS/Database Operator
- Ensure all documentation; tools, consumables, and equipment are available to perform work scope
- Coordination of functional testing of commissioned systems and engaging the Operations Team when and where needed
- Provide Operations with technical support throughout start-up, stabilization and performance testing
- Performing routine tests of continuity, insulation, resistance, and high potential on both LV and HV cables, motors, transformers, generators, bus bars, etc. based on best industry standard.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Line Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ working experience in electrical commissioning in the oil and gas sector downstream or upstream. Knowledge of Regasification systems will be an advantage.
- Experience of effectively interfacing and working together with Design, Construction Contractors and Operations
- Proficient in the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e. API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc.
- Experience with 480VAC, medium voltage 4160VAC and above switchgear controls
- Experience with Gas Generator Startup and Commissioning
- Electrical Distribution Systems including 480V Motor Control Centers
- Lighting Systems and Distribution Panels
- DC and UPS Power Systems
- PLC logic controls
- Strong communication skills with well-developed interpersonal and visible leadership capability;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)