CCCM Monitor at ACTED
ACTED -Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED office in Maiduguri is responding to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for candidates to support its mission in Dikwa and Mafa LGA, Borno state within the capacity below:
Job Title: CCCM Monitor
About the Job
- This position falls under the direct management of ACTED's CCCM Team Leader and CCCM Program Manager
- ACTED's CCCM Monitor will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. Under the Direct line Supervision of the CCCM Team Leader, the CCCM CAMP MONITOR is responsible for the collecting of quantitative, Qualitative and Spatial Data using Kobo and other tools.
- He/She will facilitate focus groups discussions and key informant interviews and conduct HH, Individuals, and Community level questionnaires in order to feed the CCCM department Database at every stage of the Project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Any other tasks needed to support CCCM team members, to inform CCCM activities and to ensure the success of the ACTED CCCM objectives.
- Reporting to supervision made by the database assistant, by participate in monitoring/ assessment/ tracking/ reporting tools design but also to the global IM and sharing processes implemented by ACTED.
- Responsible for conducting interview and collect data from respondents at the household, individual and community level using Kobo on smartphones.
- Responsible for ensuring that respondents are accurately targeted in accordance with direction given by supervisors, and that data meets minimum quality standards.
- Responsible for identifying and organizing respondents for focus group discussion, facilitating or co-facilitating the discussion and recording results.
- The Monitor will be responsible of feeding camp site mapping and to provide updated information on services, facilities, population through GPS location.
- Responsible for registration at the Reception Centre, liaise and meet with Assessment Agencies and partners for data sharing purpose/harmonization of processes
- All employees should master ACTED's core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Essential Qualifications and Experience
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Completion of university Degree in Database, Humanities, Social Studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum one year of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proven professional experience working with NGO at a relevant position e.g enumerator, monitor, field and community worker.
- Experience working for NGOs and/ or in Camp setting is a must.
- Experience using Kobo, or other mobile data collection technology
- Experience Working in the Northeast Nigeria is a Must
- Experience in Facilitating FGDS or KIIS, or the ability to learn rapidly
- Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Written and spoken fluency in English, Hausa or Kanuri a must; additional fluency in other local languages preferred
- Ability and Willingness to follow instructions.
- Contract length: 6 Months
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2019.
Hot to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)