Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Banker
Job ID: 33471
Location: Akure, Ondo
Job Sector: Banking
- To provide a basic, branch-based business banking sales and service facility to a portfolio of small business customers requiring uncomplicated and standardized financial product solutions.
- Explain, promote and sell a range of appropriate Stanbic IBTC product offerings and solutions that meet the financial needs of small business customers.
- Selling includes acquiring and opening new business accounts (walk-in customers)
- Cross-selling additional products & services to existing customers (walk-in customers, during pro-active telephone conversations).
- Identifying sales leads for associate company stakeholders e.g. Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking (Business Online); Card; etc.
- Mining existing customer data to identify expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities to migrate top-end customers.
- Performing a liaison role between customers and back-office service fulfillment and credit functions.
- Educating clients regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing standard SME product and service offerings to ensure the correct customer behavior and product usage.
- Adhering to record keeping requirements as outlined by CBN and the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
- Minimum of a 2.2 B.Sc degree from an accredited University
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Banking preferably in relationship/transactional banking.
- Business Assistant experience to the Business Manager is ideal.
- This experience provides an understanding of how to interact with and sell to personal banking customers, as well as how the principles of scored lending are applied in practice.
- Experience in Credit origination.
- Previous experience running a small business.
- Business and Financial Advisory
- Knowledge of Asset Management Products
- Credit Analysis
- E-Channel management.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should:
Click the "Apply Now" button
- Client Experience Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Branch Admin Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Quotation & Listing Specialist at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Transaction Manager at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Head, Trading Business at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
- Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Coverage Head, Private Banking (Abuja) at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Relationship Manager, Private Banking at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Branch Manager at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Commercial Bank - Workforce Group