Automation Engineer at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Industry: Oil & Gas
- This position is responsible for developing, designing, and testing a variety of equipment, facilities, components, and systems of instrumentation, control systems and process automation for LNG plant, regasification facilities and filling stations.
- Develop control system architecture design documentation (block diagram).
- Provide technical direction for the design, configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls, routers, switches and other network infrastructure
- Support development of control narratives, testing documentation and commissioning/start-up documentation.
- Support P&ID development; help maintain the P&ID's through the course of each project phase
- Programming and Automation of VFDs, Generator Controls and their interface to plant and Regasification equipment controls.
- Support incorporation of control systems content into vendor packages
- Ability to conduct Failure Mode, Cause and Effects, Criticality Analysis and root cause analysis.
- Definition of control system configuration (DCS, PLC, HMI)
- Support development of the Instrument Index and I/O List; help maintain the Instrument Index and I/O List through the course of each project phase. Addressing control equipment (Input/output (I/O) lists, networks, etc.)
- Signal assignment and JB definition, preparation of detailed documentation (diagrams, material lists, cables)
- Preparation of technical specifications and purchase material lists for control panels and various equipment
- Review and alignment / technical validation of vendor offers.
- Knowledge and review of the regulations and specifications applicable to the project
- Guarantee the compliance of the documents to the contractual requirements in accordance with the assigned budget and the planning of the order - positioning of control devices, position /definition of control room equipment.
- Review of detail design of electrical, instrumental and pneumatic components, lay-out components, raceways, hook-ups etc.
- Design hook-up analysis system including preparation material take-off (MTO).
- Design / review documents various control system (functional diagrams, loop diagram, instrument block diagram etc.).
- Collaboration and coordination with the team of different specializations, process for equipment that impacts the project, instrumentation for the control system and project engineer for the electrical equipment packages.
- Participate in the internal testing phase and acceptance testing in line with vendor requirement. customer
- Provide technical advice during troubleshooting and corrective action of instrument breakdown or failures to find the root cause and best solution in order to restore the functionality back to normal.
- Identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement, management of change (MOC) in the field of automation to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability.
- Support performance of functional testing on ESD systems and instruments.
- Collaborate in the analysis of operating modes and the updating of operating norms and procedures.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Line Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics, Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science disciplines.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ working experience in Automation systems design and implementation in oil and gas sector.
- Experience in Regasification system, LNG process/oil refinery with strong system integration abilities and background is required.
- Experience working for an OEM in providing integrated Automation systems.
- Solid knowledge in the equipment control domain including PLC based control systems and HMI programming:
- Allen Bradly, GE Visca Max, Mark 6 Safety PLC control system, Siemens S7-200 PLC and Hardware Configuration.
- PLC programming of Studio 5000, probicy machine, Siemens Combo box logic etc.
- Working knowledge of HMI software such as IM touch wonder wall, Archestra, CS 3000, Compact AMP, etc.
- Programming knowledge of ladders logic, functional block diagrams, instruction logics and command logics.
- Knowledge of automation systems hardware and software for Process Control, Instrumented Safety Systems and Fire and Gas systems.
- Experience in performing on-site modifications to automation systems through site management of change.
- Experience developing automation solutions (Python, Ruby, Java, Node.js, .NET, etc.)
- Experience working with common application architectures (app/web servers, containerization, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP Networking including VPCs, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls
- Enterprise scale Systems Administration experience is a plus
- Ability to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff
- Persists on completion of endeavors, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
- Pushes self for individual results and others through team spirit
- Strong analytical skills, creative and business focused problem-solving abilities
- Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)