Architect at Alfred & Victoria Associates
lfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Architect
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Summary & Purpose
- Preparing functional and safe building designs according to specifications that match Client’s needs.
- Reports to: Senior Architect
- Direct Reports: Trainees/ IT
- Internal Relationships: All staff
- External Relationships: clients
- Preparing Architectural designs according to Client’s brief.
- Producing detailed working drawings and specifications
- Producing 3D drawings and other pictorial presentations for clarity.
- Liaising with other allied professionals to produce functional, safe and standard designs that will stand the test of time
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required for a project
- Preparing Bill of Quantities for building projects
- Regular Site visits to check progress of construction
- Preparing Site reports during construction
- Adhering to all industry standards in design
- Perform discipline-internal check (DIC),
- Participate in internal and external meetings
- Supervise and coach trainees
- Ensure strict adherence to QHSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager
- Academic Qualification: B. Tech. B.Arch
- Professional Qualification: NIA
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years in similar role.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient in Engineering System and Knowledge
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and Adobe editing system
- Highly motivated and have ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills.
- Strong communications skills to work across departments.
- Excellent use of Engineering Software’s (i.e AutoCAD, Caesar 11, 3D PDMS , PDMS Admin. etc)
- Conversant with National and International Codes, Standards and Engineering Practices used in the industry – API, ASME & ISA, ANSI , AGA , IEC, API, PIP etc..
- Good analytical skills.
- Essential high level of English language written and spoken.
Physical Exertion on the Job:
- Performance Area: Design Deliverables
- Accuracy of design deliverables: Reports, Specifications, Lists and Drawings in accordance to engineering standards.
- Frequency of revision cycles before final approval
- Perform Self Checks and Verification on design deliverables.
- Accurate/updated record in Project Folder.
- Updated drawing Templates for Projects.
- Turnaround Time (TAT) on delivery of Assigned tasks
- Strict adherence and compliance to QHSE policies and safe work rules.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Customer Service
Application Closing Date
3pm; 24th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the closing date above will be automatically rejected.
- Legal Officer at Old Mutual Nigeria
- Head, Financial Advisory at ARM Life Plc
- ARM Graduate Trainee
- Primary Portfolio Manager, Senior Equity Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Red Media Africa (RED)
- Mark Gray Industries Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Basic Registry and Information System in Nigeria (BRISIN) Massive Job Recruitment 2018
- Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019
- Maintenance Workshop Electrician at APM Terminals
- MHC & RTG Electrical Technician at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)