TA Health Specialist (Immunization) at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential - to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA Health Specialist (Immunization)
Job Number: 514764
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Purpose of this Assignment
- Under the guidance of the UNICEF Chief of Field Office in Bauchi and the technical orientation of the Immunization Manager in Abuja, the incumbent works in close collaboration with the State Ministry of Health (SMOH), State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) and State Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) and other partners at State level, to achieve the main objective which are to strengthen health system using immunization as entry point and ensure that children and women have equitable access to and use improved and quality high impact maternal, neonatal and child health interventions in Bauchi State.
- To achieve this, the incumbent will provide strong capacity and technical leadership and guidance to the State to identify, review available data, plan equitably and address bottlenecks in the immunization, child and maternal health programme of the State, with particular emphasis on routine immunization and polio eradication.
- Liaise with BMGF, the Dangote Foundation, USAID and the State Governor's office to ensure commitments of Immunization/ Health MOU are met;
- Advocate to increase governments' efforts to reduce number of un-immunized children and reduce number of neonate, children and mothers not receiving high impact health interventions from an integrated services including supportive supervision and micro-planning of health;
- Advocate and communicate to generate demand, especially among the underserved population using the platform of State Community Engagement Strategy for Immunization/Health. Proactively engage the SMOH, SPHCDA, State EOC, and other immunization, maternal and child health partners at State level for immunization, neonatal, child and maternal health related issues;
- Provide technical assistance throughout all stages of programming processes to the development of good quality State and LGA annual equity-focused, integration, coherence and harmonization of health operational plans and their review;
- Support training activities and other capacity development activities of State Government for their health/immunization personnel;
- Support State and LGA level Integrated Supportive Supervision, monitoring and evaluation of immunization and other Maternal and child health services;
- Monitor and verify the optimum/appropriate use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets) confirming compliance with organizational/ RI/Health MOU rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity and ensuring timely reporting and liquidation of resources;
- Support the documentation, reporting and sharing of innovations, success stories and programme activities related to immunization, maternal and child health in the assigned State.
- An Advanced University Degree in public health, paediatric health, and other health related science is required;
- At least five years progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing,
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in public health/immunization planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, and evaluating of health projects particularly, immunization programmes. Relevant experience in health/immunization program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset;
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization;
- Commitment to continuous learning for professional development;
- Fluency in oral and written English are required. Knowledge of another UN working language an asset. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station, an asset.
6th August, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- NPO - Surveillance at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Data Manager Job Vacancy at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Surveillance Officer at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- TA Health Specialist (Immunization) at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Mercy Corps New Opportunity Available
- State Technical Director - IHP Task Order 5 at Palladium Group
- Knowledge Management Advisor at Palladium Group
- Senior Advisor, Health Finance at Palladium Group
- Health Finance Advisor at Palladium Group - FCT, Abia, Osun or Ebonyi
- Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor at Palladium Group