Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design,development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year $185 million project awarded to Palladium on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities. Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments, and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
Purpose of Role
- The HP+ Nigeria Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor is a full-time position to provide strategic support to the HP+ Nigeria Country Director in implementing the advocacy components of the Health Financing programme.
- The Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor will coordinate the engagement of high level policy/decision makers and other stakeholders at national and sub-national levels in relations to strategic program priorities from time to time.
- The Senior Programme Advisor will lead in the conduct of advocacy related assessments like Political Economy Analysis (PEA), develop advocacy plans and coordinate the Legislative Network for Universal Health Coverage to ensure sustainability and improved functionality.
- The Senior Policy and Advisor will write high level reports, policy and technical briefs to inform relevant audiences.
- S/he will report to the Technical Director - Health Systems Strengthening and may be required to manage local consultants to carry out activities.
- Coordinate the engagement of high level policy/decision makers and other stakeholders at national and sub-national levels in relations to strategic program priorities from time to time.
- Lead in the development of Advocacy plans as it relates to the program advocacy priorities
- Ensure adequate visibility for the program through strategic engagement with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate the activities of the Legislative Network for Universal Health Coverage in a sustainable and innovative manner.
- Provide complementary technical assistance and capacity building on advocacy related task to State Team
- Lead in the Identification and coordination of a team of influential advocates at the National level and when necessary at sub-national levels.
- Lead in the conduct of advocacy related assessments like Political Economy Analysis to inform advocacy.
- Participates, and represents the organization as needed, in external associations, conferences, and symposia
- Master's Degree or PhD in Public Health, Public Policy, Political Science, Public Administration, Communication or a related technical degree.
- At least 8 years of experience in public health, Advocacy and policy formulation related to developing countries, or experience in other fields related to the duties described above.
- Strong program management skill is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills are required.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, and evaluative skills.
- Experience translating/communicating data for decision making and policy reform
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
3rd August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- NPO - Surveillance at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Data Manager Job Vacancy at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Surveillance Officer at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- TA Health Specialist (Immunization) at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Mercy Corps New Opportunity Available
- State Technical Director - IHP Task Order 5 at Palladium Group
- Knowledge Management Advisor at Palladium Group
- Senior Advisor, Health Finance at Palladium Group
- Health Finance Advisor at Palladium Group - FCT, Abia, Osun or Ebonyi
- Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor at Palladium Group