Senior Manager, HR at MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, HR
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Reporting Line: Head, Corporate & Service Development
Job Type: Permanent
- The Senior Manager, HR shall provide expert advice, strategic vision, leadership, and direct administration of the HR function for MainOne. He/She shall drive the design and implementation of effective human resource policies, procedures and processes that support the realization of the corporate strategy.
- The Senior Manager, HR shall also maintain and manage appropriate professional relationships with the business units across the organisation and locations, in order to identify and meet their human resource needs.
- The specific responsibilities shall include to:
- Design, develop, recommend, and implement strategies to support, improve and strengthen the Human Resources Unit and services.
- Drive the articulation and development of HR policies to ensure they are relevant, responsive, up-to-date and well-understood organization-wide.
- Using independent judgment consult with departments to provide effective HR support, including interpretation and communication of policies and procedures.
- Establish HR goals and activities, supervise HR staff; align the staff competencies and talents, as well as the budget and activities of the department with organizational goals.
- Lead the development and implementation of HR practices which encourage employee engagement and involvement.
- Devise plans to manage the Company’s talent pool and ensure development and reward of high potential talent.
- Advise Management on trends or sensitive employee matters that may occur; partner with Management to develop and implement timely and appropriate solutions.
- Advise on work performance matters, including problem resolution, disciplinary measures, performance appraisals and career development opportunities to assist with retention, and organizational design.
- Ensure that HR policies, practices, and procedures are properly and consistently administered and lead to fair and consistent treatment of employees.
- Liaise with Heads of Departments to determine their staffing requirements and consult on effective structures for organizational management and performance delivery.
- Manage the implementation of Main One’s performance management system to ensure it is objective, equitable, transparent and merit-driven.
- Maintain the integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data on key HR planning and operations. Research and resolve problems, unexpected results or process flaws, perform scheduled activities, recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirement.
- Take initiatives to engage the staff and plan events or activities regularly to sustain and improve the engagement level of employees.
- Assist to coordinate the development and maintenance of specialized human resource information and measurement/reporting systems.
- Participate in other HR initiatives as may be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with requisite HR professional qualification.
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience with at least 5 years in senior HR management role.
- Ability to make timely decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment
- Planning and development
- Oral and written communication
- Change and People management
- Professionalism and Interpersonal relationship
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of relevant labour and employment laws and regulation
- Analytical, negotiation and problem solving
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018
- Customer Service Officer at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Sales Manager at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Project Management Executive at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- Sales Executive at Dragnet Solutions Limited
- General Manager, IS Governance & Compliance at MTN Nigeria
- Financial Planning Accountant at MTN Nigeria
- Planner - Material Resource at MTN Nigeria
- Financial Planning Manager (Financial Reporting) at MTN Nigeria
- Communications Manager, Sub Saharan Africa at MasterCard Nigeria