PBB Marketing Manager at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PBB Marketing Manager
Job ID: 31346
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
Group Marketing: defining, marketing and protecting the Standard Bank brand across our business - including specialist advice and activity for specific countries and business units.
- To provide general oversight functions for Advertising and Marketing Management for the Business’s Communications portfolio of Stanbic IBTC covering the group.
- To deliver real value to the marketing and communications portfolio of Stanbic IBTC group by executing against the given marketing and communication strategy and plan
- To develop and execute marketing and communications campaign and collateral strategies
- To continually seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing and communications
- Provide and manage a National marketing plan for PBB in Nigeria:
- Manage the efforts of the marketing and communications teams for Nigeria together with the other heads of businesses across the group.
- Proactively participate with other members of marketing team in the country by directing and executing marketing / communications / public relations strategies and plans in support of business and country objectives
- Build a creative, integrated marketing and communications team that builds brand awareness and reputation.
- Manage all communication initiatives for PBBs’ marketing:
- Manage and oversee all functions comprising marketing communications associated with marketing and communications including advertising, public relations, direct marketing, media placement, sales collateral, press releases, special events, market research, creative production, media planning, internal and external communication, sponsorships and all other marketing related activities.
- Manage and oversee the development of all supporting marketing collateral for PBB including brochures, sales collateral, etc. Ensure that the services, products and brand are positioned to effectively meet customer demand, remain competitive and remain within the positioning and business guidelines provided.
- Ensure consistent articulation of Standard Bank's desired brand image and position in Nigeria and ensure this position is maintained within the marketing strategy for the country
- Manage PBB marketing research and finances:
- Manage the implementation of monitoring processes that demonstrate return on investment of assigned PBB marketing, communications and public relations campaigns in Nigeria.
- Develop and maintain marketing budgets that are consistent with the financial guidelines provided by the PBB and Marketing and Communications
- Monitor marketing activities and costs of marketing related to the utilisation of resources required to meet operational requirements.
- Report on all PBBs’ marketing initiatives:
- Communicate the PBBs’ marketing strategies and plans for Nigeria throughout Marketing and Communications, Investors portfolios, Customer Channels and Regional teams including executive committees.
- Ensure that the correct data is used to analyse and report on the effectiveness of PBBs’ marketing campaigns in Nigeria.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures/regulatory requirements:
- Recommend marketing communication standards and policy changes to the Head: Marketing and Communications.
- Keeps up to date with relevant regulatory requirements and understands how it impacts on the marketing function as a whole.
- Personal and Business BankingBusiness Development teams:
- Ensure marketing strategies and plans align closely to those of the Personal and Business Banking segment to support the drive toward an aligned marketing strategy in Nigeria
- Recommend short and long term business goals and objectives to the Head of PBB
- Work together with Finance teams in budget management
- Ensure all PBBs’ marketing strategies and plans align closely to those of the Group to support the drive toward an aligned marketing strategy in Nigeria
- Marketing Operations and ResearchMarketing Operations and Research teams:
- Supports and implements service delivery
- Work together with communications teams to develop communications strategies and plans which support the marketing for PBB in Nigeria
- Advertising Agency; Media Agency, Promotions / BTL Agency, Media ownersTV, Radio, Print & Production Companies:
- Ensure positive relationship is maintained which is beneficial to the marketing team.
- Provide strategic insight and support on the overall business and marketing strategies
- Degree in Social Science, Business, Marketing or equivalent
- Postgraduate Degree in Social Science, Business or Marketing
- Marketing and CommunicationsMarketing Operations
- 8 - 10 years’ experience in a Marketing and Communications role.
- 3-4 Years experience with a Financial Services industry
- Must have managed a project budget of approximately N900 million
- Must have experience in managing and leading people
- A degree in Commerce or Marketing
- Competency Description: The ability to communicate and deliver information verbally in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner to other people, using appropriate props and tools.
- Competency Description: The ability to plan financial objectives in terms of cost and/or revenue for the short, medium and long term.
Strategic Planning and Reporting:
- Competency Description: Knowledge and understanding of the process and thinking required to formulate objectives and priorities, and implement plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organisation in a global environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Client Experience Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Branch Admin Officer at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Quotation & Listing Specialist at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Transaction Manager at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Head, Trading Business at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
- Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Coverage Head, Private Banking (Abuja) at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Relationship Manager, Private Banking at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Branch Manager at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Commercial Bank - Workforce Group