Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Technical Operator, Blow Mold - Lagos
- Post Date:January 22, 2018
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Operator, Blow Mold
Location: Ogba, Lagos
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Spirits Operations Manager
Context of the role
- The Blow Mold Operator will be responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment in a safety conscious manner to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
- They are also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives and PIP’s in their department and for their own training and development.
Purpose of the role
- To produce spirits at customer service levels, quality conformance at the right budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
- The Nigerian Spirits market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus.
- The need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionized working environment.
- Carries out all the Blow Mold Operations of the spirits packaging process as stipulated by procedures and processes.
- Adhere to GNPLC policy and procedures for Safety, Health and Environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilise and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
- Ensures raw materials for the production of the PET bottle have wastes are within AOP.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimise finished product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT against the Global Finished Product Specification on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s or RCPS Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
- With support from Spirits Operations Manager, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices and assist colleagues in breakdown maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND/ Trade test (City and Guild) or any nationally recognized equivalent in any of mechanical/ electrical/ instrumentation field and ideally have an appropriate qualification in Packaging, Engineering or Utilities in addition.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance
- Measurement in a brewery, drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related Jobs (6)
Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Blending Technician on January 22, 2018
Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Technical Operator, Filler – Edo on January 22, 2018
Fan Milk Plc New Job Vacancy on October 25, 2017
Procter and Gamble Plant Technician Internship Program 2017 on October 23, 2017
British American Tobacco Trainee Recruitment (24 Slots) on October 14, 2017
Water Process Technician at Coca-Cola HBC (Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company) on September 23, 2017 Full Time