Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Blending Technician
- Post Date:January 22, 2018
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Blending Technician
Location: Benin, Edo
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Spirits Operations Manager
Context of the Role
- The Spirits Blender will be responsible for meeting shift production volumes on the line at the right quality, while achieving targets in a cost efficient manner.
- The role is also responsible for the entrenchment of EISC practices in a safe and healthy working environment.
Purpose of the Role
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of shift outputs, targets and goals on the line by managing, leading and supporting team to produce to desired quality and yield levels in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- To support the Spirits Operations Manager in handling resource allocation and achieve CODEX for all spirits blended.
- The Nigerian Spirits market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus.
- The need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionised working environment.
- Carries out the spirit blending Operations of the spirits packaging process through stipulated processes and procedures.
- Adhere to GNPLC policy and procedures for Safety, Health and Environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilize and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
- Ensures raw materials for the production of spirits are within AOP for waste.
- Optimize finished product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering spirits RFT against the CODEX standard. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s or RCPS Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
- With support from Spirits Operations Manager, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Science or Engineering Degree or HND
- Should hold an IBG/NSE qualification and knowledge of blending.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in food or drink packaging environment with a track record of delivering sustainable improvements in brewing/blending efficiency and quality.
- Knowledge of Guinness policies is an added advantage.
- Structured problem evaluation & solving skills and ready to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related Jobs (5)
Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Technical Operator, Filler – Edo on January 22, 2018
Fan Milk Plc New Job Vacancy on October 25, 2017
Procter and Gamble Plant Technician Internship Program 2017 on October 23, 2017
British American Tobacco Trainee Recruitment (24 Slots) on October 14, 2017
Water Process Technician at Coca-Cola HBC (Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company) on September 23, 2017 Full Time