Finance and Office Assistant at Amnesty International Nigeria
- Post Date:March 13, 2018
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world and have: more than 2 million members and supporters who drive forward our fight for rights, more than 5 million activists who strengthen our calls for justice.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Office Assistant
Ref No: 2244
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 2 years
Working Hours: 35
Directorate: Amnesty International National Office
To assist the Finance and Office manager in the organisational (finance, administration, human resources, facilities and IT) functions of Amnesty International Nigeria’s Office.
- Support the financial control of Nigeria Office’s activities through the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and by ensuring adherence of the office to all policies
- Assist in the audit process and in the timely preparation of the annual statutory accounts, tax returns and other relevant reporting requirements
- Assist in timely preparation of accurate monthly management accounts forecast and annual budgets
- Assist in producing financial analysis and budget variance analysis for project and office management
- Support the Finance and Office Manager in ensuring the cash flow of the office is managed to ensure sufficient liquid reserves and minimal exchange rate risk
- Perform timely and efficient processing of expense claims, invoices, travel advances and cash payments, supplier
- payments via use of automated systems where possible.
- Ensure strict controls of the office petty cash, including making regular bank deposits.
- Maintain an effective filing system and ensure transparency to financial records.
- Assist the Finance and Office Manager in the coordination of administrative operations
- Provides ad hoc support to team members as appropriate including taxi/travel and hotel reservations.
- Assist in maintaining office procedures, security protocols, logistics and procurement, information systems and records for easy retrieval and compliance
- Create and maintain good filing system including transportation logs and operations
- Assist in planning, management and administrative meetings, seminars and workshops;
- Provide staff with sufficient logistical support & stationery material, and maintain clear administrative and communication systems including basic technical support
- Support the Finance and Office Manager in providing appropriate human resources services as necessary.
Office Maintenance and Facilities:
- Assist in the maintenance of office infrastructure including facility management, power management, equipment maintenance and asset management (maintaining inventory of properties/assets).
- Contribute to the office being run efficiently and effectively and supporting staff working in a safe and secure environment.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and deliveries and organise regular post and courier services
IT (Information Technology):
- Provide basic support for IT systems and user support including connecting to printers, password recovery;
- Liaise with local suppliers for the provision of internet connections and telephony services including mobile phones,
- IT peripherals, spares and consumables (e.g. headsets, keyboards etc).
- Ensure that cloud storage and local backup procedures are in place and followed.
- Ensure IT set up of new starters, and support staff in the diagnosis and resolution of IT issues with support from the IS IT team in London and resolution of internet/WIFI issues with service providers and IT consultants;
- Reporting to: Finance and Office manager – Amnesty International Nigeria
- Posts that this job manages: None
- Other key relationships: Amnesty International Nigeria staff particularly the Executive Assistant and the Research and Campaigns Assistant; International Secretariat (IS) Organisational Services staff (Finance, Legal/Procurement,
- IT and Facilities) and external consultants and service providers.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- A Degree/HND/OND/Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field or relevant professional qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience working in similar role;
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback and be a team player), time management and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting demands, multi task and work to deadlines to achieve results;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; other relevant local languages or additional foreign languages desirable;
- Ability to deal effectively with people in person and on the telephone, in a polite, sensitive and understanding manner;
- Able to work in a manner that is consistent with the organisation’s core behaviours and competencies.
- Possess a high level of resilience, initiative and drive, is creative and able to be flexible and change orientation as required;
- Good working knowledge of standard Office software e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good financial acumen or numeracy skills.
- Experience dealing with suppliers, officers within government administration functions and external contracts; ideally will have maintained a relevant local network.
- Experience of monitoring budgets and an ability to identify budget problems and communicate to the relevant staff
- Bookkeeping and payroll experience desirable. Ability to use accounting software e.g. QuickBooks, Sage is an advantage.
- Office IT support or training experience desirable.
- Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
Conflict of Interest:
- Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related Jobs (7)
- Admin Officer at Malaria Consortium on March 1, 2018
- Accounts Officer at Malaria Consortium – Gombe, Kano and Niger on March 1, 2018
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at Malaria Consortium on March 1, 2018
- Graduate Intern Speechwriter Recruitment At World Health Organization (WHO) on October 28, 2017
- World Health Organization Ongoing Recruitment on October 25, 2017
- Graduate Receptionist at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on October 11, 2017
- International Rescue Committee New Position on October 5, 2017