Electrical Technician, Automation at Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Post Date:January 22, 2018
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician, Automation
Location: Benin, Edo
Reports To: Automation Engineer, packaging
Context of the Role
- GNPLC is striving towards world class and to be the Number 1 Alcoholic Drinks Company in Nigeria. The company is investing huge resources into: growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff (CAP) and capital for the latest technology.
- The Electrical Technician Automation are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all PPMS/EISC improvement initiatives in their department and for their own training and development.
Purpose of the Role
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus
- Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionized working environment
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence
- Manage spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Technicians will demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering and others as applicable or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience/competence in motor controls and lightening maintenance. Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment especially in power generating environment
- Proven skills and experience in Bottling principles and processes, SHE principles and procedures, electrical control principles and ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related Jobs (5)
- Technical Office Engineer at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc on May 10, 2018
- Fan Milk Plc New Job Vacancy on October 25, 2017
- Procter and Gamble Plant Technician Internship Program 2017 on October 23, 2017
- British American Tobacco Trainee Recruitment (24 Slots) on October 14, 2017
- Water Process Technician at Coca-Cola HBC (Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company) on September 23, 2017 Full Time