Driver 3 at Abt Associates
- Post Date:December 5, 2017
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver 3 – Vectorlink
Req Id: 52781
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Admin Manager, the Administrative Support Assistant (Mid)/
Driver operates and maintains project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the VC TO1 Project in country.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits.
- Transport project equipment, materials, supplies and documents to project sites
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Observe all company vehicle utilization policies, in country traffic laws.
- Maintain project vehicle, including keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, repairs and cleaning.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, and tires, maps, and conducting safety and security inspection prior to driving.
- Perform project routine business around the province, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from district office, general office purchasing, and photocopying.
- Purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies and assist in the purchase of other project authorized items.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearances and tax exemptions, as directed.
- Make arrangements for repairs, maintenance, and improvements to the office, as requested by the project management.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least ten (10) years prior experience in commercial driving.
- Thorough knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns.
- Knowledge of safety and security principles
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through the base location and other key areas of the country.
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable.
- Time management skills.
- Fluency in English.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related Jobs (15)
Coca-Cola Company Recruitment for Franchise Marketing Manager on December 5, 2017
Coca-Cola Company Recruitment for Business Unit Communications Manager on December 5, 2017
Abt Associates Fresh Job Recruitment (9 Positions) on December 5, 2017
Administrative Assistant 7 / Database Manager at Abt Associates on December 5, 2017
Office Assistant 3 at Abt Associates on December 5, 2017
Office Assistant 4 / Entomology Insectary Technician at Abt Associates on December 5, 2017
Project Assistant at Abt Associates on December 5, 2017
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation New Opportunity on November 26, 2017