Administrative Assistant 7 / Database Manager at Abt Associates
- Post Date:December 5, 2017
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant 7 / Database Manager – VectorLink
Req Id: 52784
- Under the supervision of the Technical Manager, the Database Manager supports the implementation of the M&E system of the Vector Control Project in Nigeria.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Participates in the collection, cleaning, analysis, and reporting of ento data according to the project’s plan.
Tests and maintains functionality of the ento database, including performing periodic updates and improvements.
Assists in the regular monitoring of project implementation against established targets and objectives
Supports periodic internal data quality assessments (DQAs) and prepares the project for possible external DQAs to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time.
Collects, analyzes, and presents program data for project staff, partners, counterparts, and donors.
Contributes to the project’s work in HMIS, and in linking country-level HMIS to project monitoring and evaluation, as appropriate.
Oversees the configuration and deployment of mobile-based supervisory data collection, bulk SMS job aides, and daily performance monitoring using mobile technologies.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, information systems/technology, Community Health, Sociology, Health Economics, or other relevant field with 8 years relevant experience, or Masters Degree (desirable) plus 6 years relevant experience, or a PhD and 4 years relevant experience.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in database management, monitoring & evaluation, or other relevant social science activities.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of analytical software (Microsoft Access and Excel, SPSS, Stata, Arc GIS, DHIS2, etc.)
- Knowledge of health project implementation in general, with a focus on malaria prevention programs with PMI or USAID very desirable.
- Prior experience working with mobile data collection systems very desirable (CommCare, ODK, KoboCollect, Ona, DHIS2 mobile, etc.)
- Knowledge of material logistics systems is desirable.
- Fluency in English.
(3+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related Jobs (15)
Coca-Cola Company Recruitment for Franchise Marketing Manager on December 5, 2017
Coca-Cola Company Recruitment for Business Unit Communications Manager on December 5, 2017
Abt Associates Fresh Job Recruitment (9 Positions) on December 5, 2017
Office Assistant 3 at Abt Associates on December 5, 2017
Driver 3 at Abt Associates on December 5, 2017
Office Assistant 4 / Entomology Insectary Technician at Abt Associates on December 5, 2017
Project Assistant at Abt Associates on December 5, 2017
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation New Opportunity on November 26, 2017