Administration Manager 10 / Finance & Administration Manager at Abt Associates
- Post Date:December 5, 2017
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administration Manager 10 / Finance & Administration Manager – VectorLink
Req Id: 52783
- Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria
- Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
- Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Finance & Administration Manager oversees and directs all aspects of administrative support for the VC TO1 Project in country.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets and annual workplans.
- Prepare accurate financial reports, and monthly cash fund’s request in close coordination with senior project staff.
- Prepare annual site office revenue projections and update budget tracker forecast on a monthly basis
- Ensure that the project operations are in compliance with all USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
- Support the startup, general operations, and closedown of the IRS program.
- Manage the financial operations and financial reporting of the country program, providing guidance, training and technical assistance to financial and non-financial management personnel.
- Supervise and coach the project Accountant, Finance Assistants and other Administrative staff
- Conduct a financial brown bag on a quarterly basis to build the financial capacity of technical and operations personnel on different financial topics including compliance, travel, budgeting, forecasting and procurement.
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems that provide basic data measurements on financial performance of project activities and develop/recommned cost cutting and compliant strategies to implement the project with less resources
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
- Manage the timely submission of the monthly field expenses (ROV) to the headquarters office.
- Serve as the project’s contact with the client on finance and administrative issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns.
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements.
- Develop and implement a payment system for seasonal spray operators and community mobilizers.
- Develop and implement systems to streamline financial practices and procedures.
- Inform and maintain project FCA at Headquarters updated on all contractual, financial and legal issues affecting the project
- Perform random audits of inventory to make sure inventory reports prepared by operations team are always accurate and up to date.
- Oversee Human Resource activities affecting the project including but not limited to the hiring, termination, benefit tracking and legal disputes affecting current and former site office personnel.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (desirable), in Business, Administration, or other relevant field.
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-finded projects.
- Significant experience managing and supervising financial and procurement management personnel.
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis.
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and supply chain management highly desirable.
- Fluency in English.
(6+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related Jobs (14)
- Fresh Career Opportunities At PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) on October 28, 2017
- Banking Services Advisor at MTN Nigeria on October 25, 2017
- Adron Homes and Properties Limited New Recruitment Ongoing on October 20, 2017
- Revenue Finance Manager at the Nigerian Bottling Company Limited on October 19, 2017
- Chief Accountant at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) on October 11, 2017
- Tax Supervisor at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) on October 11, 2017
- Investment Analyst at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) on October 6, 2017
- FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc Vacancy on October 5, 2017